You can find
true riches here.
A place where forests, mountains, and rivers attract you.
Have an extraordinary experience surrounded by the magnificent nature of the Mt. Sobo foothills.
⚠︎For those coming from Kumamoto or Miyazaki
All roads from Takachiho currently remain closed (no passage is allowed between Takachiho and LAMP).
You must come on the Oita prefecture road no. 7 via Oita. Please be careful as the roads are gravel and occasionally one lane.
Accommodation with a Finnish sauna in majestic nature
LAMP BungOhno opened in 2017 in Mt. Sobo foothills. It is located in the centred of the UNESCO park and is surrounded by the magnificent nature of Mt. Sobo and so on. Enjoy our “REBUILD SAUNA”, Finnish löyly sauna, while experiencing the Japanese four seasons. Come and enjoy a relaxing time in nature.Click here for booking accommodation Click here for booking a sauna
We have a total of 9 rooms: private rooms, dormitories with bunk beds, and a Japanese-style private room. Maximum capacity in total is up to 70 people. You can fully enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and sauna during the day.
At night, have different experiences enjoying recipes with local game and a campfire.
Have a great stay listening to beautiful nature sounds.
“REBUILD SAUNA” is built with reused scraped wood. Through sweating in our Finnish löyly style sauna, bathing in the pure water Okutake river, and stargazing, you can immerse yourself in nature.
Our recipes use own-grown organic rice and fresh Oita-sourced ingredients. We offer honest and hearty dishes with local produce. Enjoy time with your loved ones and friends.
Mt. Sobo and Mt. Katamuki, both representative of the Kyushu region, have a route that you can traverse.
You can enjoy trekking while exploring nature and feeling “yourself”. For beginners, trekking up to Kawakami Gorge is a great option, while a more difficult route is waiting for more experienced trekkers.
Enjoy climbing up Mt. Sobo, one of the 100 Famous Mountains in Japan.
Facility & Rules
Explore nature. Eat and Enjoy.
We have a mixed dormitory, private rooms, and a Japanese-style room that can accommodate a big group.
Maximum capacity in total is up to 70 people. Rooms are available for any range of number of people in any purpose.
Camping areas on site are available also if you bring your own tent. or sleep in your vehicle. There are toilets and a kitchen available (additional fees may apply).
- Dormitory with bunk beds
- From 6,500 yen per night (incl. dinner) /
From 7,300 yen per night (incl. dinner and breakfast)
- Private room (1 room)
- From 19,000 yen per night (incl. dinner) /
From 20,600 yen per night (incl. dinner and breakfast)
*Renting out accommodation or dinner for a big group may be possible with prior arrangements.
We have a bunk bed with a futon available. Each dormitory bed has a privacy curtain, a desk light, a heater, free Wi-Fi, and an electrical outlet.
Please use common bathrooms and toilets as there are none in the rooms.
Bathrooms have a bathtub, free shampoo, conditioner, and body soap available. They are open from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- FREE Wi-Fi
- Body soap
- Laundry machine
- Car park (up to 20 vehicles)
Facilities/Service with Charges
Towel (large) 200 yen
Towel (small) 100 yen
Toothbrush 100 yen
Terms of Stay
- Bathrooms and toilets are shared with other guests.
- Entrance space and dining room open until 10 pm.
- A shutdown is at 11 pm.
- We do not have curfews for you after check-in, however, please do not make any noise or trouble, respecting other guests in the same room and our neighbours.
- You can only bring your own alcohol in your staying room. Please note that we do not allow you to bring them to the dining room.
Bookings / Inquiries
- Please call us if booking on the same day of your arrival.
- We accept bookings 3 months prior.
- Check-in hours are from 3 pm to 9 pm. Check-out is before 10 am. We do not accept any late Check-in after 9 pm.
- Please notice that you will be charged by the following fee if canceled:
- In case of less than 5 to 7 days of your arrival, 20% of the accommodation fee
- In case of less than 2 to 4 days of your arrival, 30% of the accommodation fee
- In case of the day before your arrival, 50% of the accommodation fee
- In case of your arrival day, full of the accommodation fee
No public transportation is available due to our location.
Driving here is the best option.
*For those who rent a car from Bungoohno City
There are no rental car shops around Ogata Stn. We recommend you rent a car around Mie-machi Stn., one stop before Ogata Stn.
Maximum 20 car-park lots are available on site.